Blu Dot Price, Durability, Delivery, Pros and Cons
Blu Dot’s early beginnings date back to college friends, Maurice Blanks and John Christakos, who were both studying art, architecture and design. After graduating, they were attempting to design modern homes but couldn’t afford the elements they really wanted. So, in 1997, they teamed up with Charlie Lazor to start Blu Dot in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
To this day, they are still designing products in Minnesota, with a goal to bring good design to as many people as possible by creating products that are functional, affordable, and of course, beautiful. Collaboration is at the heart of their ethos and is involved in every aspect of their business, from design to manufacturing and production.
Pros and Cons of Ordering/Buying from Blu Dot
- Items made in the US
- Hand crafted, no assembly lines
- White glove delivery service available
- Shop online or in person
- Limited color options
- High Price Point
- No Free Shipping
- Limited return window
- No warranty advertised
How much are sofas/couches from Blu Dot?
Overall, the price for a sofa ranges from $2000 t0 $10,000 so various price points are represented, but all among the high-end range. On the lower end of the price range is your basic three seat sofas or loveseats. On the higher end are oversized sectionals and leather, luxury sofas.
Blu Dot offers a variety of different couch types including sofas, sectionals, sleeper sofas, loveseats, chaises and daybeds. In addition, they offer a full line of household furnishings.
What is the most popular sofa/couch from Blu Dot?
Bloke Sofa with Chaise
Price: Starts at $4199
Sofa Dimensions: 34”H x 109”W x 32”D
Chaise Depth: 72”
Seat Height: 19”
Seat Depth: 23”
Arm Height: 34”
Exterior Options: Fabric or Velvet
Available Fabric Colors: Tait Stone, Rostenkowski Blue
Available Velvet Colors: Ochre
The Bloke is a sophisticated sofa. Fit for queens and kings a like. It is constructed with a sheltering high back that envelops a loose seat and back cushion for supreme comfort and relaxation. This sofa is a great fit for any space with its restrained proportions and a thin rounded powder coated steel leg.
- Sturdy kiln-dried hardwood frame
- High resiliency foam seat cushions with fiber padding wrap provide a mix of firm support and comfort
- Powder-coated steel legs
- Rostenkowski Blue: navy powder-coated steel legs, 80% Polyester / 20% Linen upholstery
- Tait Stone: slate powder-coated steel legs, 90% Polyester / 10% Linen blend upholstery
- Some assembly required
- Vacuum upholstery regularly.
- Absorb spills with a clean white cloth or paper towel. Never rub the surface. Do not use water or other liquids to clean, as they may stain the fabric.
- Consult a commercial cleaning specialist for removal of stubborn stains.
- Keep upholstery out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources. Excessive exposure to sunlight may fade the color of the upholstery.
- Avoid placing heavy or sharp objects on the furniture surface for long periods of time; this can cause permanent indentations in the fabric.
- For snags in the fabric, tuck loose threads into fabric or carefully push to reverse side. Never pull out or cut off loose threads.
The Best Overall Sofas of 2020
Our team evaluated price, quality, comfort and additional features to bring you the best new sofas available now.
How long does it take for Blu Dot to deliver sofas?
Blu Dot ships large items via common carrier (a freight company) and contacts customers 1-2 days in advance to schedule a Monday through Friday delivery appointment. Exact shipping window is not specified, but as items are made in the U.S., it is likely it will not take longer than 1-2 weeks. Standard shipping rates are 7% of your merchandise total.
Full-service delivery and assembly is available for an additional $149 per order.
How long do Blu Dot sofas typically last?
Blu Dot sofas, if used reasonably, can last many years, perhaps with minor blemishes over time. Their items are designed by artisans and hand-crafted in the United States for the highest quality standards. However, they don’t advertise any sort of warranty and only offer a 10 day return window which may turn some customers away.
Blu Dot Policies
Blu Dot offers a 10 day return or exchange policy. Original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply on returns.
Blu Dot does not advertise any sort of warranty policy on their website.
Trial/Returns: 10 days (fees included)
Where it’s made: USA
Real Blu Dot Customer Reviews
We enjoyed reviewing Blu Dot and think this brand is a great choice for shoppers who are:
- Those looking for quality crafted furniture and in-home delivery service so you don’t have to worry about unpackaging or setup.
- Those who don’t mind paying for shipping and are comfortable with the 10 day return window.
- Those who don’t plan to put heavy wear on the sofa as it does not come with any advertised warranty.
- Those who have a higher price point budget.
“Recently made a purchase of several pieces of furniture. I’m a big fan of Blu Dot design. It speaks for itself. Customer service was very helpful and attentive to our questions throughout the whole process. We were having trouble deciding between a couple of colors and combinations; the input was useful and we’re very happy with the result. The white glove delivery, assembly, cardboard removal option was well worth it. The gentlemen who delivered and assembled the furniture were very professional.”
“Our 4th piece of furniture from Bludot now. Good quality and design. Professional crew delivered and setup.”
“For the same look and much better service, I’d recommend BoConcept, West Elm, CB2, and/or DWR, depending on your budget.”
“I’ve always liked the simple modern design of Blu Dot furniture. I’ve bought a couch and also a dresser. Unfortunately, the design seems to be their strength and quality is perhaps their weak point. The drawers of the dresser are misaligned and don’t close well. The couch cushion stitching is coming undone after a few weeks of use. More telling, Blu Dot needed almost two months to get a replacement cushion which was “water damaged” before shipment and now they require another month to make a new cushion! When furniture costs thousands of dollars $$$ you should get good to great quality. Blu Dot does not seem to be offering such quality based on our two purchases.”